ANALYST, PRIVATE CREDIT
To apply, please email your resume and any additional information to email@example.com
About Capital Dynamics:
Capital Dynamics is an independent global asset management firm focusing on private assets, including private equity (primaries, secondaries co-investments), private credit, and clean energy infrastructure. Created in 1988, the Firm has extensive knowledge and experience developing solutions tailored to meet the exacting needs of a diverse and global client base of institutional and private wealth investors. As of Q3 2021, Capital Dynamics oversees more than USD 13 billion in assets under management and Advisement*, and employs approximately 160 professionals globally across 14 offices in Europe, the Middle East, North America, and Asia. Capital Dynamics is a recognized industry leader in responsible investing, receiving the highest marks from the UNPRI for its Strategy & Corporate Governance, and investment strategies. For more information, please visit: www.capdyn.com
*As of September 30, 2021. Assets Under Management are calculated based on the total commitments as of the final closing date for all funds currently managed by Capital Dynamics, including amounts that have been distributed. Assets Under Advisement includes assets for which Capital Dynamics provides services such as reporting, monitoring and risk management.
The Private Credit team provides tailored, one-stop financing solutions to private equity-backed lower middle market companies, focusing on financings that support leveraged buyouts, acquisitions, business expansions, re-financings, and short-to-medium term liquidity needs. The Private Credit group offers directly originated, senior secured loans, including first lien, unitranche, and second lien, as well as other flexible capital solutions.
Capital Dynamics is seeking an Analyst to work within the Private Credit team.
The purpose of the role focuses on the analysis, due diligence and monitoring of credit investments, as well as the support of the team in all aspects of the business including fund raising, reporting, communication and valuation.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
To succeed in this role, your responsibilities will include:
• Preparation of screening memos for new investment opportunities and investment memoranda for formal investment committee review and consideration
• Fundamental credit analysis of potential investment opportunities in a broad range of industries through industry research, financial modeling, financial statement analysis, sensitivity testing, direct interaction with management and private equity sponsors, employment of accountants and consultants, interaction with customers, suppliers and competitors, etc.
• Participate in investment closing process including legal documentation and funding operations
• Perform on-going due diligence and monitoring of portfolio companies
• Work in conjunction with the firm’s various private equity teams to develop relationships with financial sponsors in order to help source investment opportunities
• Support fundraising efforts including preparation of marketing documents and communication with investors
• Complete one-off projects as they may arise from time-to-time
This description is for guidance purposes only. You may be required to fulfil additional roles and perform additional duties as required from time to time.
Skills, Education & Qualifications:
To succeed in this role, you should have:
• Highly developed quantitative skills (financial analysis, modeling, valuation and reporting)
• Exceptional attention to detail with ability to produce a high quality work product
• Project management and presentation skills combined multi-tasking abilities
• Highly developed verbal/written communication skills (articulate, balanced and persuasive)
• An understanding of the legal framework and documentation typical of a credit investment
• Sound investment judgment with a keen awareness of risk, return and exposure management
• Ability to complete tasks quickly and efficiently, having regard to changing priorities, differing time zones and geographies.
You will be…
• Intellectually curious, proactive and self-motivated
• A great, agile communicator both written and verbally, with the ability to be articulate, balanced and persuasive
• Commercially minded
• Able to complete tasks quickly and efficiently, having regard to changing priorities, differing time zones and geographies
Diversity and Inclusion:
Capital Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to creating a global diverse workforce. We are a global company with 24 nationalities represented across our staff in 14 offices, spanning North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. We believe diversity and inclusion (“D&I”) is key to being better at what we do and our initiatives are designed to attract, develop, and advance talented individuals, regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status or any other dimension of diversity. We welcome and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply to join Capital Dynamics.