ASSOCIATE, CLEAN ENERGY INVESTMENT
To apply, please email your resume and any additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Capital Dynamics:
Capital Dynamics is an independent global asset management firm focusing on private assets, including clean energy, private equity (primaries, secondaries and co-investments) and private credit. Created in 1988, the Firm has extensive knowledge and experience developing solutions tailored to meet the exacting needs of a diverse and global client base of institutional and private wealth investors.
As of Q1 2023, Capital Dynamics oversees more than USD 14 billion in assets under management and advisement, and employs approximately 150 professionals globally across 12 offices in Europe, the Middle East, North America, and Asia. Capital Dynamics is a recognized industry leader in responsible investment, receiving the high marks from the PRI and GRESB for its Investment & Stewardship Policy, and investment strategies.
Clean Energy (CE)
The Clean Energy (CE) team makes direct equity investments in carbon-reducing renewable energy power generation from late-stage development to commercial operations. Capital Dynamics is one of the largest managers of U.K. onshore wind assets and subsidy free solar PV in Europe. The team strives to achieve enhanced value from de-risking projects from the end of their development phases and optimizing performance and capital structure into commercial operations.
Capital Dynamics are seeking to hire an Associate to join our Clean Energy Investment team in London.
Reporting into a Clean Energy team Principal, the Associate will be a core member of the investment team focused on acquiring and divesting assets, building financial models, conducting due diligence on new opportunities, and liaising with all stakeholders relevant to the funds (including consultants, advisors, investment committees, etc).
You will support work streams on transactions during the due diligence phase of a deal, while also supporting on-going valuations, reporting to investors, capital raising and on-going asset management of the current portfolio.
Key role responsibilities
• Lead the preparation of automated financial models and conduct financial sensitivities were appropriate
• Assist in the drafting of investment committee memorandums which will be used in making investment decisions
• Provide support through the due diligence process during acquisitions or execution process during divestitures
• Provide support in the financing activities of investments
• Conduct market analysis and research to support the Team’s investments decisions
• Work with Asset Management team to monitor and optimize investment performance post-acquisition
• Work with Business Development – Sales (BD) teams and Product Development & Strategy (PDS) teams to help respond to investor requests
Required skills and experience
• Extensive practical working knowledge of financial modelling
• Good working knowledge of modelling of debt financing
• Highly developed analytical skills and able to work on own initiative
• Good understanding of corporate finance, accounting, company valuation and, ideally, asset management
• Knowledge of and a keen interest in renewable power development / clean energy technology
• Working knowledge of financial analysis ratios such as yield, IRR’s and NPV’s
• Good working knowledge of the support frameworks for renewables
• Minimum 2:1 degree from a recognized university / college or equivalent degree subjects include: Business, Finance, Responsible Investment, Renewable Energy preferred but not essential
• Exceptional proficiency MS Word, MS Power Point and MS Excel
• A keen interest in Responsible Investment and targets such as the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals or willingness to learn more about this area is highly desirable
• Essential - Must be fluent in English and display superior writing skills
• Desirable - Proficiency in another European language; preferably Italian, Spanish, German, Finnish or Swedish, preferred though not essential
Diversity and Inclusion
Capital Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to creating a global diverse workforce. We are a global company with 24 nationalities represented across our staff in 12 offices, spanning North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. We believe diversity and inclusion (“D&I”) is key to being better at what we do and our initiatives are designed to attract, develop, and advance talented individuals, regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status or any other dimension of diversity. We welcome and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply to join Capital Dynamics.