ASSOCIATE - CLEAN ENERGY
To apply, please email your resume and any additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Capital Dynamics:
Capital Dynamics is an independent global asset management firm focusing on private assets, including private equity (primaries, secondaries co-investments), private credit, and clean energy. Created in 1988, the Firm has extensive knowledge and experience developing solutions tailored to meet the exacting needs of a diverse and global client base of institutional and private wealth investors.
As of Q4 2021, Capital Dynamics oversees more than USD 13 billion in assets under management and advisement, and employs approximately 160 professionals globally across 14 offices in Europe, the Middle East, North America, and Asia. Capital Dynamics is a recognized industry leader in responsible investing, receiving the highest marks from the UNPRI for its Strategy & Corporate Governance, and investment strategies. For more information, please visit: www.capdyn.com
The Clean Energy (CE) team makes direct equity investments in carbon-reducing renewable energy power generation from late-stage development to commercial operations. Capital Dynamics is one of the largest U.K. onshore wind operators and invested in one of the largest subsidy free solar PV portfolios in Europe. The team achieves enhanced value from projects through its dedicated asset management affiliate, CD Arevon U.K.
Established to capture attractive investment opportunities in the largest and fastest growing sector of global infrastructure, Capital Dynamics’ Clean Energy mandate is to invest directly in proven renewable energy technologies with a focus on utility-scale and distributed generation, solar, wind, and storage. The CE platform’s growing investment portfolio of approximately 7.9 GWdc is managed by the team’s dedicated asset management business, which provides highly specialized services to ensure optimal performance of the platform’s portfolio of assets.
Capital Dynamics is seeking an Associate to join our Clean Energy team in London.
Reporting into a Clean Energy team Principal, you will create, manage and operate the financial models upon which the Clean Energy (CE) team will base investment decisions.
You will support work streams on transactions during the due diligence phase of a deal, while also supporting on-going valuations, reporting to investors, capital raising and on-going asset management of the current portfolio.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
To succeed in this role, you will:
• Lead the preparation of Financial Models – an in depth knowledge of financial modelling in order to calculate project returns
• Input into the Financial Analysis Sections of Investment papers to provide the investment committee with information related to the financial performance of projects
• Sensitivity Analysis to appraise projects and provide information on the performance of project under different scenarios
• Present financial models to investors to communicate the returns of the projects we are looking to invest in to
• Develop quarterly reports for debt financiers and investors including the calculation of covenant ratios
• Provide support through the due diligence process during acquisitions
• Lead work on market analysis and researches to support the Team’s investments
• Participate in the preparation of annual budgets for project entities
• Respond to investor requests in a timely manner and provide appropriate documentation working alongside our Product Development and Strategy team
This description is for guidance purposes only. You may be required to fulfil additional roles and perform additional duties as required from time to time.
Skills, Education & Qualifications:
To succeed in this role, you will offer:
• Good understanding of accounting, finance, company valuation and, ideally, asset management
• Knowledge and / or keen interest in renewable power development
• Extensive practical working knowledge of financial modelling
• Good working knowledge of modelling of debt financing
• Working knowledge of financial analysis ratios such as yield, IRR’s and NPV’s
• Good working knowledge of the support frameworks for renewables
Education & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized University
• Essential - Must be fluent in English and display superior writing skills
• Desirable - Proficiency in another European language; preferably Italian, Spanish, German, Finnish or Swedish, preferred though not essential
You will illustrate:
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
• Highly developed analytical skills and able to work on own initiative
• Ability to work within a continuously evolving business environment
• An ability to work accurately and in pressure situations
• Good organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to produce high quality presentational materials
• Exceptionally team orientated with a problem-solving approach and a results-focused mindset
• Highly developed verbal/written communication skills (articulate, balanced and cogent)
• A team player with a self-starter mind-set
Diversity and Inclusion:
Capital Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to creating a global diverse workforce. We are a global company with 24 nationalities represented across our staff in 14 offices, spanning North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. We believe diversity and inclusion (“D&I”) is key to being better at what we do and our initiatives are designed to attract, develop, and advance talented individuals, regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status or any other dimension of diversity. We welcome and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply to join Capital Dynamics.