FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT - PRIVATE EQUITY
To apply, please email your resume and any additional information to email@example.com
About Capital Dynamics:
Capital Dynamics is an independent global asset management firm focusing on private assets, including clean energy, private equity (primaries, secondaries and co-investments) and private credit. Created in 1988, the Firm has extensive knowledge and experience developing solutions tailored to meet the exacting needs of a diverse and global client base of institutional and private wealth investors.
As of Q1 2023, Capital Dynamics oversees more than USD 14 billion in assets under management and advisement, and employs approximately 150 professionals globally across 12 offices in Europe, the Middle East, North America, and Asia. Capital Dynamics is a recognized industry leader in responsible investment, receiving the high marks from the PRI and GRESB for its Investment & Stewardship Policy, and investment strategies.
Capital Dynamics Finance
The Capital Dynamics Finance Team manage all elements of operational finance, reporting, and regulatory reporting obligations. Further, the team provides oversight, controls and protection to safeguard the firm’s interests and budgets while upholding the financial integrity of the business.
Capital Dynamics seeks to recruit a Financial Accountant to join our corporate finance and accounting team in the London or Birmingham office.
The qualified accountant will contribute to shaping the finance department through ongoing development and improvement of finance processes, insightful reporting and analysis, and efficient and effective workflows.
This will involve preparation of the monthly management reporting and the year-end statutory reporting, which will include liaising with the auditors and other teams within Finance and the organisation (locally and in our global offices), including Treasury, Legal and Operations.
Key role responsibilities
• Delivery of timely and accurate internal and external financial, regulatory and management information
• Preparation of monthly group management accounts and reports for the Board and Executive Committee
• Assist in the preparation and review of monthly group consolidation
• Preparation of monthly IFRS management reporting for selected entities in the group, and preparation of local UK GAAP and US GAAP statutory accounts
• Prepare and review monthly cost center PnL' s actuals versus budget reports and full year forecasting, highlighting and potential risks or opportunities
• Manage the preparation of the various VAT reporting
• Support the accounting, tax and reporting procedures for the employee investment vehicles
• Ensure compliance with the regulatory capital calculations for the various jurisdictions
• Participate in the preparation of audit files and liaise with auditors ensuring a smooth audit process
• Support the alignment of inherited processes and controls with current operations and take a proactive approach in questioning processes in place, in-line with our continuous improvement policy
• Support other financial control and reporting initiatives as required
Required skills and experience
• Educated to Bachelor's degree level or equivalent
• Qualified Accountant (3 to 5 years post-qualification experience (PQE)) - ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent qualification
• Experience working in financial services - i.e. Private Equity, Venture Capital, Asset Management, Hedge Fund, Investment Bank etc, OR a top 10 Professional Accounting firm (with experience of PE Auditing experience)
• Experience supporting the preparation or review of regulatory returns would be advantageous
• Understanding of the legal and regulatory compliance framework for the asset management industry (e.g. AIFMD, FATCA, etc)
• Experience of UK GAAP and / or US GAAP is highly beneficial
• Working of knowledge of IFRS and FRS102 preferred but not essential
• Experience working with Netsuite will be highly advantageous, but not essential
• Must be fluent in English and display superior verbal and written communication skills
Diversity and Inclusion
Capital Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to creating a global diverse workforce. We are a global company with 24 nationalities represented across our staff in 12 offices, spanning North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. We believe diversity and inclusion (“D&I”) is key to being better at what we do and our initiatives are designed to attract, develop, and advance talented individuals, regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status or any other dimension of diversity. We welcome and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply to join Capital Dynamics.