LEGAL COUNSEL, INVESTMENT FUNDS (PRIVATE EQUITY)
To apply, please email your resume and any additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Capital Dynamics:
Capital Dynamics is an independent global asset management firm focusing on private assets, including clean energy, private equity (primaries, secondaries and co-investments) and private credit. Created in 1988, the Firm has extensive knowledge and experience developing solutions tailored to meet the exacting needs of a diverse and global client base of institutional and private wealth investors.
As of Q1 2023, Capital Dynamics oversees more than USD 14 billion in assets under management and advisement, and employs approximately 150 professionals globally across 12 offices in Europe, the Middle East, North America, and Asia. Capital Dynamics is a recognized industry leader in responsible investment, receiving the high marks from the PRI and GRESB for its Investment & Stewardship Policy, and investment strategies.
Funds Legal Team:
The Capital Dynamics’ Funds Legal Team, part of our wider Legal & Compliance team, is responsible for all legal fund structuring, management, regulatory and compliance issues relating to the Capital Dynamics Group funds.
The private funds Legal Counsel will coordinate the legal structuring, documentation and life-cycle management of Capital Dynamics’ private equity funds, ensure ongoing compliance of fund structures with all applicable law.
The role holder will act as the primary contact for internal and external stakeholders in respect of fund related legal matters. In addition, strengthen the legal team by assisting in other aspects of the legal department.
Key role responsibilities:
• Manage and coordinate all legal aspects relating to the development, establishment and running of Capital Dynamics’ UK, US, Cayman and Luxembourg closed-ended private equity funds, and act as sparring partner to the business in respect of fund structuring matters
• Coordinate the drafting of legal documents such as private placement memoranda, subscription documents and partnership agreements, and be the primary interface between business and external counsel
• Together with Compliance, develop proper controls, policies and procedures to ensure Capital Dynamics and its funds comply with internal and external legal and regulatory requirements
• Liaise with, and establish, monitor and maintain relationships with, law firms and third party service providers
• Assist with legal questions arising from investments in private equity funds, including tax and regulatory issues
• Be part of the legal team and support the Legal Heads and General Counsel in respect of legal matters generally
Required skills and experience:
• Qualified Lawyer - UK, EU or US legal qualification
• 4 to 6 years post-qualification experience (PQE)
• Currently or recent experience working in the private funds group at a leading law firm is essential
• Proven knowledge of closed-ended funds and how they operate is also essential
• Working knowledge of private equity (PE) funds structuring, fund operations and fund closing matters - ideally in respect of both UK and US funds; while experience with Luxembourg and Cayman fund structures is a plus
• Organizational ability, solution oriented/problem solver
• Must be fluent in English and display superior verbal and written communication skills
• European language skills such as German, Italian, Spanish and French are desirable but not essential
Diversity and Inclusion:
Capital Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to creating a global diverse workforce. We are a global company with 24 nationalities represented across our staff in 12 offices, spanning North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. We believe diversity and inclusion (“D&I”) is key to being better at what we do and our initiatives are designed to attract, develop, and advance talented individuals, regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status or any other dimension of diversity. We welcome and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply to join Capital Dynamics.