PRINCIPAL - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & SALES
o apply, please email your resume and any additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Capital Dynamics:
Capital Dynamics is an independent global asset management firm focusing on private assets, including private equity (primaries, secondaries co-investments), private credit, and clean energy. Created in 1988, the Firm has extensive knowledge and experience developing solutions tailored to meet the exacting needs of a diverse and global client base of institutional and private wealth investors.
As of Q4 2021, Capital Dynamics oversees more than USD 13 billion in assets under management and advisement, and employs approximately 160 professionals globally across 14 offices in Europe, the Middle East, North America, and Asia. Capital Dynamics is a recognized industry leader in responsible investing, receiving the highest marks from the UNPRI for its Strategy & Corporate Governance, and investment strategies. For more information, please visit: www.capdyn.com
Capital Dynamics is seeking a Sales and Business Development - Principal to work within the Business Development team in Korea.
The purpose of the role is to specifically support our business expansion in Korea and other Asian countries excluding Japan. The individual will assist with a range of activities to support our fundraising activities, investor relations and marketing processes.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
To succeed in this role, you will:
• In coordination with and under the direction of the head of Korea rep office, support ongoing business development and fundraising efforts in Korea and other Asian countries excluding Japan.
• This will include but not limited to direct sourcing of new opportunities and active support of existing opportunities;
• Support existing LP relationships by:
- providing timely, accurate fund/portfolio information;
- improving the coordination between the firm’s IM and Portfolio Servicing teams;
• Regularly track and update fund and project information and statistics
• Assist in the creation of Fund offering documents and ownership of due diligence materials for Korean market. Develop marketing collaterals with periodic refresh in Korean language (translations, localization)
• Support local client due diligence activity, own, and manage regular updates of all client-facing material
• As required, serve as interface between external and internal stakeholders, ensuring a coordinated, efficient, and consistent response to all client enquiries
• In collaboration with the global event & conference coordinator based in Europe, actively support the planning, organization and execution of sponsorships, networking events, roadshows, conferences, seminars, webinars and other client events in Korea
• Collection and update of competitive intelligence about the Korean market
• Supporting the head of Korea rep office and regional BD/IM team members as reasonably requested with their daily workload or projects
This description is for guidance purposes only. You may be required to fulfil additional roles and perform additional duties as required by the Company from time to time.
Skills, Education & Qualifications:
To succeed in this role, you should have:
• Minimum 8 to 10 years relevant experience in private equity, investment banking or capital markets with extensive institutional client relationships
• The ability to work in a small team as part of a global organization and operate in an entrepreneurial environment
• Project management and presentation skills combined multi-tasking abilities
• Highly developed verbal/written communications skills (articulate, balanced and persuasive)
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
• Agile communicator commercially minded
• An understanding of the legal framework and documentation typical of a private equity investment
• Ability to complete tasks quickly and efficiently
• Experience in the use of CRM systems
• Experience in organizing events
Education & Qualifications
• Strong academic background/achievement with at least a university degree or equivalent
• Investment related qualification e.g. CFA
• Native in Korean, fluent in English
• Chinese/Mandarin fluency an advantage but not required
• Ability to work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines
• Confidence to liaise with clients and colleagues across all levels in a friendly and professional manner
• Strong organizational ability
Diversity and Inclusion:
Capital Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to creating a global diverse workforce. We are a global company with 24 nationalities represented across our staff in 14 offices, spanning North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. We believe diversity and inclusion (“D&I”) is key to being better at what we do and our initiatives are designed to attract, develop, and advance talented individuals, regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status or any other dimension of diversity. We welcome and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply to join Capital Dynamics.