SENIOR ASSOCIATE, CLEAN ENERGY - ESG SPECIALIST
To apply, please email your resume and any additional information to email@example.com
About Capital Dynamics:
Capital Dynamics is an independent global asset management firm focusing on private assets, including clean energy, private equity (primaries, secondaries co-investments), and private credit. Created in 1988, the Firm has extensive knowledge and experience raising closed-ended funds and developing solutions tailored to meet the exacting needs of a diverse and global client base of institutional and private wealth investors.
As of Q1 2022, Capital Dynamics oversees more than USD 13 billion in assets under management and advisement, and employs approximately 150 professionals globally across 14 offices in Europe, North America, Asia, and the Middle East. Capital Dynamics is a recognized industry leader in responsible investing, receiving the highest marks from the UNPRI for its Strategy & Corporate Governance, and investment strategies. For more information, please visit: www.capdyn.com
Capital Dynamics’ global Clean Energy platform makes direct equity investments in carbon-reducing renewable energy power generation from late-stage development to commercial operations. The Clean Energy platform’s dedicated asset management affiliate, Netro Energy, provides highly-specialized services to ensure optimal performance and value from projects.
Capital Dynamics is seeking a Senior Associate, Clean Energy - ESG Specialist to work within the Clean Energy team, working closely with the asset management, investment and product development teams.
The purpose of the role is to assist with ESG portfolio management, ESG regulatory commitments and support our firm’s commitment to Responsible Investment.
This person would be responsible for monitoring ESG in the underlying clean energy portfolio whilst also reporting the funds’ ESG performance effectively to key stakeholders. Importantly, this person must demonstrate strong attention to detail and project management skills (including forming and maintaining an ESG database and working with multiple teams).
The candidate must take ownership of their responsibilities, ensuring that deliverables are met within given timelines.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
To succeed in this role, you will:
• Support the investment team in monitoring ESG credentials of the clean energy portfolio including R-eye™ monitoring, SDG monitoring and reporting any significant updates/changes on a quarterly basis
• Assist in documenting any ESG Alerts that may arise in the underlying portfolio
• Lead ESG portfolio management and maintain central database of statistics including calculation of Scope 1 -3 emissions throughout project lifecycles, water usage, waste usage, job creation and electricity consumption by site. This may involve close coordination with asset managers and asset operators
• Ensure Clean Energy business is complying with requirements under TCFD, SFDR, EU taxonomy and future requirements:
- Be able to calculate Principal Adverse Impacts under SFDR
- Help business to understand Transition Risks, Physical Risks and Climate related opportunities of underlying portfolio under TCFD
- Help to calculate EU and UK taxonomy alignment of future clean energy products, working with external consultants as necessary
• Lead formation of GRI aligned annual Clean Energy Sustainability Report with input from the Clean Energy and Netro Energy businesses
• Assist with ESG reporting including quarterly reports, annual Clean Energy newsletter, ESG Annual report and Sustainability report
• Lead formation of new policies including responsible supply chain policies, updated Netro ESG policies and ESG remuneration policies
• Assist in annual training for asset management team at Netro Energy
• Monitor and report to the investment team the best ESG practices across the industry
• Provide input for annual GRESB and PRI submissions (asset level data required including emissions data, onsite risk assessment reports, cybersecurity, policies, environmental assessments etc)
• Provide information to and work alongside external consultants for GHG emissions verification
Skills, Education & Qualifications:
To succeed in this role, you should offer:
• Strong understanding of Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) requirements
• Strong interest and experience working with ESG, Impact, Responsible Investment and targets such as the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals
• Experience working with private sector, ideally in energy, asset management, finance or consulting sectors
• A keen interest in the renewable energy market or willingness to learn more about this area
• ESG modelling and writing skills and exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work independently, take ownership and lead ESG related work streams
• Ability to perform under strict deadlines and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to be accountable for own work and understand the importance of accurate information
• Ability to read, interpret and apply various ESG regulations to the relevant investments
• Understanding of current and upcoming ESG regulations is highly desirable
• Minimum 2:1 degree from a recognized university, preferred subjects include: Climate Change, Renewable Energy, Business, Finance, Responsible Investment, or Law
• Must be fluent in English with superior writing skills
• Proficiency in another European language; preferably Italian, German, or French preferred though not essential
You will be…
• Maintain integrity & confidentiality at all times
• Be commercially minded
• Be patient, flexible and adaptable
• Be very comfortable with operating within a lean team
• Be detail oriented, and a strong communicator both written and verbally
• Have the ability to collaborate & influence at all levels
Diversity and Inclusion:
Capital Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to creating a global diverse workforce. We are a global company with 24 nationalities represented across our staff in 14 offices, spanning North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. We believe diversity and inclusion (“D&I”) is key to being better at what we do and our initiatives are designed to attract, develop, and advance talented individuals, regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status or any other dimension of diversity. We welcome and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply to join Capital Dynamics.