VICE PRESIDENT, BENEFITS & REWARD MANAGER
To apply, please email your resume and any additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Capital Dynamics:
Capital Dynamics is an independent global asset management firm focusing on private assets, including clean energy, private equity (primaries, secondaries co-investments), and private credit. Created in 1988, the Firm has extensive knowledge and experience raising closed-ended funds and developing solutions tailored to meet the exacting needs of a diverse and global client base of institutional and private wealth investors.
As of Q1 2022, Capital Dynamics oversees more than USD 13 billion in assets under management and advisement, and employs approximately 150 professionals globally across 14 offices in Europe, North America, Asia, and the Middle East. Capital Dynamics is a recognized industry leader in responsible investing, receiving the highest marks from the UNPRI for its Strategy & Corporate Governance, and investment strategies. For more information, please visit: www.capdyn.com
Human Resources (HR)
Capital Dynamics HR team are responsible for the design and implementation of global Human Capital strategies to support the attraction, development and management of world-class professionals in the Private Assets sector. We work shoulder to shoulder with all business areas, across different countries and cultures, appreciating varying legislation and adapting HR strategies as necessary.
Providing best in class support with all HR matters; including but not limited to; HR operations, total reward management, employee relations, performance management, talent acquisition, organizational design, training & development and global mobility. We take a people-centric approach by embedding an inclusive culture, ensuring equity and inclusion principles and employee well-being are at the core of our operations and aim to build an environment where all can truly thrive in their professional careers at Capital Dynamics.
Capital Dynamics is seeking to hire a Vice President, Benefits and Rewards Manager to join our Human Resources (HR) team in London.
The Benefits and Reward Manager, will lead the design, implementation, and day-to-day management of benefits programs across the United States, EMEA and Asia. The role will oversee activities related to compensation, benefits, long term / deferred incentive schemes (e.g. carried interest/co-investment), analytics and reporting, benchmarking and review exercises etc.
As the Benefits & Rewards Manager, you will partner with HR colleagues including the Talent Acquisition Partner, and others departments including Finance, Legal and third party vendors to deliver impactful, cost-effective benefits and rewards programs to Capital Dynamics employees globally.
You will be expected to use your knowledge of international benefits and rewards market to build scalable programs to develop a competitive proposition, while also supporting our expansion into new international markets. This is a diverse, hands-on role that requires proactive management, analytics, and administration capabilities and an in-depth knowledge of benefits practices across different geographies.
This position provides a great opportunity to work independently and evolve the scope of benefits programs and service while being part of a dedicated, collaborative team in a truly global and highly professional work environment.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
To succeed in this role, you will illustrate the following capabilities:
• Management of global insured and non-insured benefits programs in collaboration with national / local vendors
• Assess and understand legislative changes and emerging trends in pension and benefit provisions.
• Make recommendations and incorporate plans and policy changes where required to ensure Capital Dynamics maintains regulatory compliance and market competitiveness
• Manage relationships with relevant consultancies, insurance brokers and vendors
• Enrollment of new joiners to benefits where appropriate, and respond and resolve any employee benefit queries through the employee life-cycle
• Contribute to the development of a wellbeing programmes to support increasing employee engagement and reinforce value of the Capital Dynamics benefit programme
• Ensuring local benefits programmes are compliant with local regulations and meet internal Capital Dynamics standards
• Develop benefit plan documents, procedures, policies and communications strategy as necessary
• Partners with HR colleagues and Finance to ensure proper budgeting and forecasting of benefit program costs
• Develop and distribute communications materials for implementation of new or revised plans
• Design and implement regular benefit engagement strategies across jurisdictions.
• Management of submission reports to brokers / insurance providers and pension vendors as required
• Management of benefit renewals including liaising with brokers on market reviews, cost-analysis, reporting, approvals and implementations
• Ensure benefits documentation and records are maintained and governance protocols are maintained
• Ensure compensation files are kept up to date, as part of the annual review process.
• Lead on the design of talent and performance assessment project to align Capital Dynamics reward strategy and values
• Lead global bonus, discretionary (sign-on’s, buy-out and guarantee) and commission based rewards programme review and administration; and lead new rewards proposals across all Capital Dynamics jurisdictions
• Act as the global lead on all reward activities including year-end compensation planning & design, total-reward statement production and communication.
Long term incentive schemes:
• Work alongside relevant stakeholders including COO, Finance, Legal to understand Capital Dynamics employee participation program and carried interest / co-investment programs including their design, modelling and implementation
• Support annual enrollment in the carried interest / co-investment program, including preparation of communications, schedules, approvals and documentation
• Manage and administer Capital Dynamics’ employee participation program and carried interest/ co-investment schemes on an ongoing basis in collaboration with the Finance and Legal team.
• Act as the first point contact for EPP participants and carried interest participants on first-line queries, working in consultation with COO / CFO on more complex queries
• Manage the relationships with third party vendors, including banks and fund services providers, and explore enhancements or substitutions to the existing solutions / services used to administer the employee participation program and carried interest / co-investment program
Analytics, reporting and benchmarking:
• Lead on all compensation and benefits projects across the firm globally
• Perform analysis of rewards metrics and data to understand changes required for Capital Dynamics compensation & benefit offering
• Lead core compensation reporting and equalization activities including market benchmarking, management of pay ranges, e.g. Gender Pay Gap and Ethnicity Pay Gap reporting
• Collaborate with Talent Acquisition and HR colleagues on job and compensation design by performing market analysis and job rank benchmarking exercises
• Manage the annual salary and bonus reviews for Capital Dynamics employees working closely with HR colleagues including Talent Acquisition Partner and third party providers
• Provide content to be presented to the internal stakeholders on Reward topics
• Ensure compliance with AIFMD remuneration policies
• Lead of all benefits, compensation and reward HR reporting and analytics
This description is for guidance purposes only. You may be required to fulfil additional roles and perform additional duties as required from time to time.
Skills, Education & Qualifications:
To succeed in this role, you will offer:
• A track record in international benefits and reward management including administration
• Experience and understanding of compensation and benefits benchmarking methodologies, including trends analysis
• Proven track record of managing reward projects / initiatives and annual compensation reviews is essential
• Experience with EPP, Commission and / or carried interest / co-investment schemes is desirable
• Experience in compensation principles, practices and processes
• Effective project management experience and the ability to move effectively from high level design and strategic oversight, to direct delivery
• Intellectual curiosity and an analytical mindset to approach challenges / questions with data-led rigour
• Strong influencing skills, with the ability to craft narratives and build business cases to support the compensation and benefits strategy
• Demonstrable experience managing a variety of external parties (i.e. vendors; consulting relationships etc.) and holding these partners to account for delivery
• The ability to switch modes between working autonomously, as a single point of accountability, and as an integral part of a wider HR teams, while managing a range of stakeholders
• A minimum of 8 plus years’ experience working in a similar capacity managing international / global benefits and reward offering
- Proven prior experience working in similar roles within Financial Services; experience from the private markets industry or similar strongly preferred
• Proven experience leading the delivery of US and UK benefit provisions is essential; while experience across wider APAC and EMEA is highly desirable
• Understanding of compensation schemes including carried-interest is highly desirable
• Ability to balance “hands-on” administrative needs with strategic and client service responsibilities
• Strong commitment to providing quality work and attention to detail; work must be delivered accurately and on-time
• Demonstrate tenacity and resilience to deliver the agenda in a world of competing priorities and ambiguity
• You will be highly numerate and analytical with in-depth experience of MS Excel
Education and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized University
• Essential - must be fluent in English and display superior writing skills
• Desirable - proficiency in another European language; preferably Italian, German, or French preferred though not essential
You will be…
• Maintain integrity & confidentiality at all times
• Be commercially minded
• Be patient, flexible and adaptable
• Be very comfortable with operating in a standalone role, within a lean team
• Be detail oriented, and a strong communicator both written and verbally
• Have the ability to collaborate & influence at all levels
Diversity and Inclusion:
Capital Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to creating a global diverse workforce. We are a global company with 24 nationalities represented across our staff in 14 offices, spanning North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. We believe diversity and inclusion (“D&I”) is key to being better at what we do and our initiatives are designed to attract, develop, and advance talented individuals, regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status or any other dimension of diversity. We welcome and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply to join Capital Dynamics.