VICE PRESIDENT - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (INSURANCE)
To apply, please email your resume and any additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Capital Dynamics:
Capital Dynamics is an independent global asset management firm focusing on private assets, including private equity (primaries, secondaries co-investments), private credit, and clean energy. Created in 1988, the Firm has extensive knowledge and experience developing solutions tailored to meet the exacting needs of a diverse and global client base of institutional and private wealth investors.
As of Q4 2021, Capital Dynamics oversees more than USD 13 billion in assets under management and advisement, and employs approximately 160 professionals globally across 14 offices in Europe, the Middle East, North America, and Asia. Capital Dynamics is a recognized industry leader in responsible investing, receiving the highest marks from the UNPRI for its Strategy & Corporate Governance, and investment strategies. For more information, please visit: www.capdyn.com
Capital Dynamics’ Business Development team is responsible for the fundraising of every alternative investment product on the global CD platform, across various markets local to our Firm. Our team focuses on Institutional Limited Partners (“LPs”), including (but not limited to) Public Pension Funds, Private Pension Funds, Insurance Companies, Financial Institutions, Foundations, Endowments, Single Family Offices, Private Wealth investors (i.e., High-Net-Worth Individuals and the financial intermediaries that serve them, including Wealth Platforms, Broker-Dealers, Registered Investment Advisors, Multi-Family Offices, etc.), etc. additionally, we work closely with Consultants that serve the aforementioned Institutional LPs and Private Wealth investors. Whether our clients are global multinationals or regional investors, we’re committed to creating tailored investment solutions (alongside Investment Management and Product Development & Strategy) based on their goals. We listen, understand their requirements and then work shoulder-to-shoulder with them to design a solution.
Capital Dynamics are seeking to hire a self-starting professional to join our Business Development (“BD”) team in the United States.
The individual will assist with facilitating relationships between Capital Dynamics’ general sales team and insurance companies, with a goal of ultimately receiving capital commitments for CD’s investment products.
The ideal candidate has established relationships with key stakeholders in the insurance industry (ideally smaller insurance firms) with a proven track record of selling products (any type - i.e. research, analytical software, consulting services, etc.) to the channel or has worked within the insurance industry for a significant number of years.
The Vice President, Business Development is expected to be organized, resourceful, collaborative and communicative with the broader general sales team, as they will solely be acting as an “introducer” to key stakeholders within the insurance segment.
This role will work closely with team members across our Business Development team, Product Development & Strategy (“PDS”), Marketing & Communications and Investment Management teams. This role may also require key input in setting sales strategy / campaigns specific to the insurance investor segment.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
To succeed in this role, you will:
• Act as “introducer” to key stakeholders within the insurance investor segment
• Facilitate introductions and partner with general sales representatives on fundraising efforts across the entire investment platform, specifically within the insurance segment
• Monitor key trends within the insurance industry to help set sales strategy / sales campaigns focused on the insurance investor segment, identify conferences focused on segment, etc.
• Set meetings with key stakeholders within the insurance segment, facilitate introductions to general sales team and assist with follow-up (as needed)
• Act as “relationship manager” for key stakeholders within insurance investor segment
• Collaborate / communicate all activity to general field sales, for incorporation in general CRM system, ensure all relevant parties are informed of progress, etc.
• Knowledge of private markets is an advantage, but not required
NOTE: This description is for guidance purposes only. You may be required to fulfil additional roles and perform additional duties as required by the Firm from time to time
Skills, Qualification and Education:
• Highly developed verbal/written communications skills (articulate, balanced and persuasive)
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
• Agile communicator, commercially minded
• Ability to complete tasks quickly and efficiently
• Min 10 years of experience working within the insurance industry (either selling to and / or working at / with an insurance company where candidate would have deep relationships within the segment)
• Strong networker with the ability to source opportunities independently
• Strong project / process management skills and the ability work well with others and operate in an entrepreneurial environment
• Organization and attention to detail required
• Series 7 & 63 licenses are an advantage, but not required
• Ideally holding an undergraduate degree with strong academic background
• English (fluent – oral and written)
You will demonstrate an ability to…
• Exceptional attention to detail with ability to produce a high quality work product
• Project management and presentation skills combined multi-tasking abilities
• Highly developed verbal/written communication skills (articulate, balanced and persuasive)
• Agile communicator, commercially minded
• An understanding of the legal framework and documentation typical of a direct investment
• Sound investment judgment with a keen awareness of risk, return and exposure management
• Ability to complete tasks quickly and efficiently, having regard to changing priorities, differing time zones and geographies
Diversity and Inclusion:
Capital Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to creating a global diverse workforce. We are a global company with 24 nationalities represented across our staff in 14 offices, spanning North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. We believe diversity and inclusion (“D&I”) is key to being better at what we do and our initiatives are designed to attract, develop, and advance talented individuals, regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status or any other dimension of diversity. We welcome and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply to join Capital Dynamics.