VICE PRESIDENT - CO-INVESTMENT
To apply, please email your resume and any additional information to email@example.com
About Capital Dynamics:
Capital Dynamics is an independent global asset management firm focusing on private assets, including private equity (primaries, secondaries co-investments), private credit, and clean energy. Created in 1988, the Firm has extensive knowledge and experience developing solutions tailored to meet the exacting needs of a diverse and global client base of institutional and private wealth investors.
As of Q4 2021, Capital Dynamics oversees more than USD 13 billion in assets under management and advisement, and employs approximately 160 professionals globally across 14 offices in Europe, the Middle East, North America, and Asia. Capital Dynamics is a recognized industry leader in responsible investing, receiving the highest marks from the UNPRI for its Strategy & Corporate Governance, and investment strategies. For more information, please visit: www.capdyn.com
Private Equity – Co-Investment
Our co-investment team makes direct investments in mid-market companies alongside core and specialist sponsors. We invest across a wide variety of industries in sector leading companies with sustainable competitive positions, strong growth opportunities and high environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) standards.
We invest mostly in buyouts based in North America (40%), Western and Central Europe (40%) and Asia (20%) constantly searching for attractive growth opportunities. Team members are based in New York, London, Munich and Milan.
The Vice President, Co-Investment professional will play a key role in helping manage and expand the Firm’s co-investment capabilities in Europe. This position offers an excellent opportunity for an investment professional with proven financial, analytical and communication skills and experience in the alternative investment sector.
The individual selected for this position will be part of a team managing a portfolio of private equity investments and will be responsible for participating in the team’s sourcing, due diligence and management of the global Co-Investments investment portfolio.
Tasks and Resposibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Investments and Due Diligence:
• Evaluation and execution of investment opportunities including deal due diligence, qualitative and quantitative analysis, deal team discussion, management meetings, reference calls, legal and deal memorandums.
• Production of near final quality product investment proposals, with limited guidance.
• Presentation of investment proposals and due diligence findings during Investment Committee meetings.
Marketing and Sourcing:
• Develop personal network with general partners and intermediaries in order to source new investment opportunities.
• Participate in presentations to clients/potential clients during portfolio updates and fundraising meetings.
• Attend general partner annual meetings to establish external presence.
• Mentor and help to develop junior professionals.
This description is for guidance purposes only. You may be required to fulfil additional roles and perform additional duties as required from time to time.
Skills and Qualifications:
• The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded business professional with proven direct investment experience and a record of success at a highly regarded financial institution.
Skills and experience:
• Minimum of 8 to 10 years’ relevant experience
• Proven investment experience coming from a – private equity, investment banking or related consulting / accounting environment
• Established a successful record of accomplishment of direct investing analysis / due diligence in the private equity (private asset) industry and have deep investment experience with solid judgment
• Strong commercial sense; rigorous analytics and financial acumen
• Strong interest in and understanding of responsible investment and ESG
• Network of relationships in the European private equity market
• A trusted strategic advisor and thought leader, with a high content approach to collaborating with clients, general partners, and colleagues at all levels and teams
• Possess the experience and gravitas to represent the firm across a wide range of settings
• Highly developed verbal/written communication skills (articulate, balanced and persuasive) Knowledge of other European languages in addition to English would be helpful
• Ability to structure and present complex ideas and information in a simple persuasive form, both written and verbal
• A highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently while operating within a highly integrated global team context
Education and qualification:
• Graduated from a top-tier university; advanced degree preferred
• Must be fluent in English and display superior verbal/written communication skills
• Fluency in another European language – German, Italian or French would be advantageous but not essential
To be successful in this role, you will illustrate:
• Highly developed quantitative skills (financial analysis, modelling, valuation and reporting)
• Project management and presentation skills combined multi-tasking abilities
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to produce a high quality work product with a “right the first time” approach uppermost in mind such that reviewers’ input is minimized
• Strong affinity for and comfort with private company legal documentation
• Highly developed verbal/written communication skills (articulate, balanced and cogent)
• Ability to collaborate effectively and efficiently with colleagues across different regions and time zones
Diversity and Inclusion:
Capital Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to creating a global diverse workforce. We are a global company with 24 nationalities represented across our staff in 14 offices, spanning North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. We believe diversity and inclusion (“D&I”) is key to being better at what we do and our initiatives are designed to attract, develop, and advance talented individuals, regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status or any other dimension of diversity. We welcome and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply to join Capital Dynamics.