VICE PRESIDENT, CO-INVESTMENTS
To apply, please email your resume and any additional information to email@example.com
About Capital Dynamics:
Capital Dynamics is an independent global asset management firm focusing on private assets, including clean energy, private equity (primaries, secondaries and co-investments) and private credit. Created in 1988, the Firm has extensive knowledge and experience developing solutions tailored to meet the exacting needs of a diverse and global client base of institutional and private wealth investors.
As of Q1 2023, Capital Dynamics oversees more than USD 14 billion in assets under management and advisement, and employs approximately 150 professionals globally across 12 offices in Europe, the Middle East, North America, and Asia. Capital Dynamics is a recognized industry leader in responsible investment, receiving the high marks from the PRI and GRESB for its Investment & Stewardship Policy, and investment strategies.
Private Equity – Co-Investments
The Capital Dynamics (‘CD’) Co-investment team makes direct investments in mid-market companies alongside core and specialist sponsors. We invest across a wide variety of industries in sector leading companies with sustainable competitive positions, strong growth opportunities and high environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) standards.
We invest mostly in buyouts based in North America (40%), Western and Central Europe (40%) and Asia (20%) constantly searching for attractive growth opportunities. Team members are based in New York, London, Munich and Milan.
Capital Dynamics are seeking to hire a Vice President to join our European Co-Investment team, to be located in our London office.
The investment professional will play a key role in management and expansion Capital Dynamics Co-investment capabilities in Europe. This position offers an excellent opportunity for an investment professional with proven financial, analytical and communication skills who is keen to further develop their career in the alternative investment sector.
The individual selected for this position will be part of a team managing a portfolio of private equity investments and will be responsible for participating in the team’s deal sourcing, due diligence and deal execution for CD's global Co-Investments investment portfolio.
• Lead the evaluation and execution of investment opportunities including deal due diligence, qualitative and quantitative analysis, deal team discussion, management meetings, legal and deal memorandums
• Production of near final quality product investment proposals, with limited guidance
• Participate in document negotiation, structuring and documentation of investments with internal and external legal support
• Perform origination work across the European market
• Presentation of investment proposals and due diligence findings during Investment Committee meetings
• Develop personal network with general partners and intermediaries in order to source new investment opportunities
• Attend general partner annual meetings to establish external presence
• Where necessary, mentor and help to develop junior professionals in the co-investment team
Qualification for the role
• 6 to 8 years’ relevant experience investment experience coming from an Investment Banking, Private Equity, Asset Management or Corporate finance related consulting background
• Graduated from a top-tier university; advanced degree preferred
• Possess a relevant accreditation like a MBA, CFA, CPA, or CAIA is highly advantageous, but not essential
• Established record of accomplishment in direct investing - including analysis and due diligence in the private equity (private asset) industry and have deep investment experience with solid judgment
• Strong technical quantitative and qualitative analysis experience, including modelling exposure
• Network of relationships in the European or global private equity market
• Strong commercial sense, rigorous analytics and financial acumen
• Highly developed interest in and understanding of responsible investment and ESG
• A trusted strategic advisor and thought leader, with a high content approach to collaborating with clients, general partners, and colleagues at all levels and teams
• Fluency in another European language – German, Italian, French, Swiss etc would be advantageous but not essential
Diversity and Inclusion
Capital Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to creating a global diverse workforce. We are a global company with 24 nationalities represented across our staff in 12 offices, spanning North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. We believe diversity and inclusion (“D&I”) is key to being better at what we do and our initiatives are designed to attract, develop, and advance talented individuals, regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status or any other dimension of diversity. We welcome and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply to join Capital Dynamics.